2005/04/11

Minor Annoyances

I really dislike the people who think the web page I am viewing is so important that I could never possibly want to navigate away. They set up their pages in such a fashion that when I click on a link, it brings up a new browser window. I realize many people out there think so highly of their deathless prose that they want to spare me the effort of clicking the back button to view it again, but it’s an inconvenience I’m prepared to accept. Given that I use Firefox for most of my web browsing, this really annoys me. One of the reason I switched to Firefox was tabbed browsing. I want 20 web pages open at once in the same browser window. I don’t want twenty browser windows open. One window, all my pages tabbed in it. Is it so much to ask?

On a similar note, because my employer does not like me using Yahoo Messenger, I use Internet Explorer to listen to Launchcast. About 3-5 times a day, Launchcast just crashes any open IE windows I might have. I have no ideas as to why. It always happens at the end of a song, though. Every advance brings with it a host of new annoyances, I s’pose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There is an extension for Firefox that let's you open a link in a new tab by clicking it with the scroll wheel. Might help relieve some of the frustration.

9:32 AM  
Blogger T said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and see if it helps.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home