2005/09/09

Wolfe Time in NOLA

Under the guise of disaster relief, the government in Louisiana is removing people from their homes and confiscating their weapons.

I posted about the situation earlier. The more I think about this, the more agitated I become. What country am I living in? The actions of the state are just so utterly and abhorrently wrong on so many levels it boggles my mind.

J and I have been discussing many aspects of the situation for days now. At this point, we both have the same reaction. Had we lived in NOLA and stayed, we would now be in the process of preparing to shoot cops and the LA ARNG. If I decide I’m staying in my home, the government is not coming in and dragging me out and taking my guns. They are taking me out of there in a body bag, and I will drag some of the bastards down to hell with me. As J just put it: "Wanna see what a Catholic suicide bomber looks like?"

Claire Wolfe is famous (or infamous, depending on your POV) for her comment "America is at that awkward stage. It’s too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

If you live in New Orleans, it’s no longer too early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home