2006/02/08

Death Becomes A Democrat

Okay, before we start on my main point, I’d just like to mention that many people who know me consider me to be a hateful, insensitive man. I think (and J concurs) it’s probably because I am hateful and insensitive. Having got that out of the way, let’s move on to my issue of the day.

I freely admit I am not up on the internal workings of the civil rights movement, so I may be wrong here. What substantive achievements did Coretta Scott King have that warranted all this fuss about her death? I am unable to discern any, but I haven’t been looking very hard. I’m gonna lump her in with Hilary Clinton. The simple fact that you were married to somebody is not sufficient for me to give a damn about you. Hilary Clinton got elected primarily because she was married to Bill. Coretta King is getting everybody in a twitter because she was married to Martin. As a good rule of thumb, I really don’t give a rat’s ass about whom you let stick their dick in you. It’s just not any of my business or concern. If all you have going for you is the identity of the person you screwed and/or married, you are not an important figure. You are a footnote. The death of a footnote is worth about 5 minutes of news coverage. Press coverage should be maybe 2 column inches below the fold, not a headline. Her death is just not that damned significant and certainly doesn't deserve the quantity of fawning media coverage I've seen in the past week.

Having said that, let’s move on to the subject of etiquette. I am a rude bastard ignorant of the general rules of decorum. Having said that, I don’t think I would get up at a funeral and rant and rave about somebody else who was in the audience. That’s just plain tacky, people. Once again, though, the concept never occurs to our favorite ex-President. Damn, but that old goober farmer is a piece of work. Given that I was all of 6 years old during the election that propelled that twit into office, I can honestly say that I had nothing to do with that freaking disaster. I hope all you people that voted for Jimmy Carter appreciate the gift that keeps on giving. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to think he’s the "elder statesman" of my party. He’s yet another reason to not be a donk, as if I need any more.

Update: Blogger informs me that this is post 666 on YPS. How amusing and appropriate that we're talking about Jimmy Carter. Coincidence, or evidence that Jimmy Carter is a servant of Satan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home