2007/01/22

Asshats In The Ring

Well, silly season has commenced in earnest way earlier than I thought it would. Candidates for the presidency are popping up like mushrooms after rain. The odor is rather similar, as well.

So far, we have the usual collection of career politicians making a play for an office they’re wholly unsuited to hold. The most recent announcements are from more detritus from the Clinton era, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-Carpetbagger) and Gov. Bill Richardson (D-Incompetent). I certainly hope no one is surprised to hear that HRC is running for the donk nomination. I’m a little surprised to hear about Bill Richardson. I hear he’s done a good job as governor of New Mexico. I don’t have the time or energy to follow NM politics, so I don’t have any real idea although I’m personally skeptical.

I just remember what Greg seems to have forgotten. Bill Richardson may look good on paper, but he was almost a complete failure at running the Department of Energy. I remember the whole grand fanfare about how he was taking responsibility for the agency and the security issues thereof. Then he spent the rest of his time trying to duck all of the fallout from the continuing security lapses. If DOE kicked his ass sideways, how in the hell is he going to handle being President? In any event, he’s a former Clinton apparatchik, so he’s suspect at best and dangerous at worst.

About HRC, I don’t think anything needs to be said, although that probably won’t stop one of us from saying it between now and the election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home