2007/04/25

Good Call

I don't often link to Penny Arcade. They get all the traffic already and don't need my help. However, Gabe's commentary (bottom of the page) on Todd Goldman bears repeating in many contexts:
If you want to play the arrogant asshole and call people pedophiles I respect that. I really do. I’ve been overcompensating for my low self esteem by calling people names for twenty years. I know how it works and the only rule is if you can’t take it, don’t fucking dish it out.
Words to remember for everyone. If you're going to be rude and obnoxious, don't get all upset when folks decide to return the favor. A key element of public discourse today seems to be calling your opponents names and then acting like they have somehow lowered the standards of debate when they respond in kind. It doesn't work. People are generally bright enough to see the hypocrisy.

Of course, I'm fairly thick-skinned so it doesn't bother me much either way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home