2009/07/22

Meet The New Boss

So, for some reason strains of The Who have been floating though my head a lot lately, along with Kafka's classic quote about every revolution leaving behind the slime of a new bureaucracy. I bring this up today because of a lovely little item I read over at the LA Times after being pointed that way from Hit & Run.

So, his n00bness is doing exactly what Cheney was roundly excoriated for doing. I eagerly await the legion of left-wing and progressive commentators who will jump up and proclaim how this is bad.

I'd like to ask anybody who voted for Obama on the theory that he would be different from Bush in his policies: how's that working out for you? As near as I can tell, he's continued every Bush policy and added some new crappy ones of his own. I'm hoping you aren't too disappointed that he's done nothing you elected him to do, unless you were hoping he'd increase the deficit by unimaginable numbers and spend an astronomical sum of money for no appreciable benefit. In which case, you got what you asked for and I hope you choke on it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger TheWayfarer said...

*LMMFAO!*
Spend what you have now, while it's still worth something!
You don't know how he's gonna heal the sick & cleanse the lepers without more taxes or defecit? Give you a hint: Printing presses that never stop!
Buy silver, gold, anything of value...Just like during the Wiemar Republic's collapse.

10:04 PM  
Blogger T said...

I'm going with gun and ammo. Even if the dollar doesn't collapse, I can still enjoy them.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home