2006/09/08

All Y’all…

Well, according to what I have been reading, today is the day when people running ads can’t mention incumbents by name. We’re 60 days out from the November 7th election date, so mentioning the current crop of asshats by name in advertising just became illegal. I’d like to take a moment to thank John McCain (R-Illiterate) and Russ Feingold (D-Fascist) for completely and totally eviscerating the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. Way to go, fucknuts! I’d like to thank them appropriately, but I am fairly certain I would end up in jail if I did that.

In honor of this auspicious day, I’m going to do exactly what the law says people shouldn’t. I’m going to tell you which incumbents you should vote against. The short answer is pretty much everybody currently holding office. Anyhow, on with the fun.

All of my choices are based on the info maintained by the Secretary of State.

Kay Bailey Hutchison – Don’t vote for our senior Senator. She has become more than useless, she’s become embarrassing.

Rick Perry – Don’t vote for him, either. Don’t piss on my back and tell me it’s raining. I know what a tax increase looks like, even if this idiot Aggie doesn’t.

David Dewhurst – Don’t vote for this weasel. You have one of the most powerful offices in that state, grow a spine and act like it.

About the only incumbent I see on the list I would vote for is Jerry Patterson. The rest of them? Meh. Go home and meditate on your sins while reciting the preamble to the Constitution. Remember that the government, at all levels, exist to serve the citizen and not the other way around. Remember that the basis of the American system of government is the idea that government is limited to those few functions specifically authorized, not every function not expressly forbidden. Until you people relearn these very simple facts, you should not get re-elected.

On a similar, but not entirely related note, don’t vote for Shelley Sekula-Gibbs or Nick Lampson. SSG, while personally a very nice woman, is another big-government nanny state efenant. We’ve had enough of those for a while, haven’t we? I don’t need the government to tell me what to do and steal all of my money in the process. Nick Lampson is just another in a long line of intellectually bankrupt donks who thinks that throwing more money at the same old problems is going to get a different result. The larger, louder, generally more obnoxious half of YPS* suggests you vote for Bob Smither.

* A small disclaimer is in order here for the comprehension impaired. I, that is to say T, am endorsing Bob Smither. J is not. Some people have a tendency to get us confused because they either can’t distinguish the two letters, or they’re just stupid. I’m not sure which.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home