2007/01/02

Let Me Clear My Throat…

First off, I’d like to thank everyone for the fabulous Christmas and birthday presents. Y’all know who you are. Tools of all kinds were presented to me, along with some books. It’s all good. I can now set fire to food items in a staggering variety of ways outdoors. I got a new charcoal smoker, a new two-burner propane cart, and a portable propane grill. Add these to the charcoal grill, propane grill, and propane burner I already possessed and I am well-equipped for food production in the backyard. I may, if I decide I like you people, post some recipes. My smoked ribs are just fabulous, if I do say so myself. I also received a security bit set, a drill press, a new laptop case, a pocket knife, and some other stuff that escapes me right now. So all in all, a fine gift receiving occasion for me. I hope all of you got something you desired. Unless, of course, you desired the ever-elusive peace on earth and goodwill towards man. It would have been nice if you got it, but, as usual, you were sorely disappointed.

In other news, my pieces parts to finish the second (of five) AR-15 arrived over the Christmas break. (Judging from my posts, Christmas blogging break for me started in late November.) The actual parts arrived in December sometime. I now have a CMP competition rifle. I got the DPMS upper with the stainless barrel, NM sights, and free-float faux A2 handguards. All of this loveliness is mated up to a Double Star lower with DPMS parts and an A2 stock. Sweet! I have the build for the next one planned, but it’s going to be expensive since I’m going to build me a 6.5 Grendel SASS. That leaves two more lowers to build. I may decide on one of those and get it done first. The Grendel may have to go on the back burner, simply because of cost issues. I can build both remaining lowers out for the price of the Grendel, given the options I’ve decided on for it. Plus, once I get the rifle built, it’s time to worry about optics. The Grendel won’t be cheap. Good thing I got a raise from my beneficient corporate overlords.

The topic of guns brings me to my next point: the asshats at the NRA. The issue we received of America’s 1st Freedom has a lovely set of caricatures of prominent donks on the cover. The associated story has all kind of blather about how the donks are going to try something that will infringe on RKBA. Well, no shit, Sherlock. What was your first clue? However, I’m finding it hard to care what the NRA thinks about the issue given that they suggested I vote donk in the House election. Here’s a handy political tip for all you neophytes: if you’re concerned about the possibility of a donk Congress, don’t tell people to vote for donks. If you do suggest voting for donks, don’t act all surprised when they take over, you freakin’ retard.

Anyhow, here’s hoping you can get more of whatever you desire for the coming year, unless you desire for me to STFU, because that’s just not happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home