2007/09/18

RIP Robert Jordan

Robert Jordan has died. I express my heartfelt condolences to his friends and family. Unfortunately, he didn’t finish the final volume of the Wheel of Time first. So I, along with every other person reading the series, am sitting around going AAARRRGH! I mean, I only started reading the series during the Gulf War, so it’s not like I have any time invested or anything.

This is another reason why I am trying to not start any more series until the author is finished. Of course, finished is always debatable. I bet everybody thought Stephen Donaldson was finished when they got to the end of The Power That Preserves. HAHA! Another two trilogies (one still in progress) and you’re not done yet.

So I’m waiting on Steven Erikson and George R. R. Martin at the moment. I’ve pretty much given up on everybody else until the sequence is finished. Exceptions are made for series that don’t have a definite endpoint, but in general, I’m through waiting on authors. I don’t have time to go back and re-read the last volume after 2 years to figure out what’s going on. On that note, I am going to wait impatiently until the big brown truck drops off The Bonehunters tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home