2008/09/02

Inspired Choice

Okay, so I'm still not voting for John McCain. I'm making that clear right now. He could have picked James Madison's ghost as his running mate and I'd still pass. I won't vote for somebody who has demonstrated not only a complete misunderstanding of the Constitution but an active hostility to same. So McCain, no matter who he picked as VP, was not getting my vote.

Having said that, Sarah Palin was possibly the best pick he could make given the need to shore up his support among the base. Let's face it, both McCain and Obama were not going into the fall with the complete support of their respective 30%. Sarah Palin is one of the few people he could have picked that would get him a lot more support among the efenant base. Really, I have to give big points to the McCain team for this one. They may still lose the race, but they're playing smart politics.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home