2009/01/14

Off The Lawn

Houston, in a vain attempt to make the city nicer, kinda sorta thinks about banning cars parked in your lawn.

Two observations come immediately to mind. One, you've got to get a slight super-majority of neighborhood residents to go for it. Good luck with that. Two, I don't see anything that would prohibit what some of the craftier residents of Pasadena have done. I've seen several houses in Pasadena where they paved the entire front yard. I don't think Houston has quite thought through their clever plan in that regard.

I'll insert the standard libertarian disclaimer about the government shouldn't be involved. I'm too lazy today to make any argument for or against the proposal besides pointing out the practical issues.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home