2009/05/27

Short Week

You'd think that would mean less work related aggravation. Not so much, unfortunately.

marriedtothesea.com
marriedtothesea.com

I think that sums up my week already. I could discuss the newest Supreme Court nominee, but as she's already revealed herself to be temperamentally unsuited for the position, I don't see much need. Others have commented on her previous decisions. I'll just propose to you a simple experiment. Does this statement strike you as racist?
A wise white man with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a Latina female who hasn't lived that life.
If it strikes you as racist, perhaps the racist nature doesn't change much no matter which skin and genitalia combinations you substitute into the phrase. Of course, if it strikes you as just peachy, perhaps we're farther away from that color-blind society we're supposedly striving towards than I thought we were.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home