2004/11/24

Proofread, Dolts

So I'm browsing the Long Term Legal Strategy Report on my lunch break. It's a report on a subject near and dear to my heart, i.e. the legal balance between liberty and security. I have no conclusions yet, but I'll throw some up when I get done. However, on the second page, one of the authors is identified as having been a "Consultant to the Wartergate Special Force".

Wartergate? WTF? Do you perhaps mean Watergate, with only one 'r'?

Proofreading is dead.

As long as we're on the subject, at least this is better than a report I saw at my last job. The company paid an absurd amount of money to a consulting firm for a market analysis of the industry for the next 5 years. On every single page of the report was the proud notice "Copywrite 2000". Maybe it's just me, but if you can't even spell copyright, why should I take anything you say seriously?

Ah, screw it. Here's an old joke I still find hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home