2005/06/06

Dead Letter

I have read a number of interesting viewpoints on the French and Dutch vote on the EU constitution. My viewpoint on the EU has always been ‘okay idea, horrible execution’. The idea of placing everything under a bureaucracy almost completely insulated from the public always struck me as a bad idea. I am also too much of a libertarian to think that the execution of the EU has been anything but a disaster for individual liberty. However, I only cursorily pay attention. After all, I live in Texas. I have enough concerns closer to me to occupy my time. (Like the idea that the Gulf Coast may be sinking.)

On the other hand, the fine folks at The Economist pay attention to the EU for a living. Their view is that the constitution is now effectively dead. I can’t say I’m terribly disappointed or surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home