2008/01/28

Meaty, Bacony Goodness

In my quest to inflict arterial damage on the rest of the world, since medical advice has slowed my propensities towards same, I give you three links.

Allied Kenco has everything you could ever want or need to make sausage except the actual meat. As an added bonus, they're right here in town. Well, that's a bonus for me, anyway. If you don't live in Houston, not so much. You'll have to mail order like everyone else.

I think this would be better if it were on a stick, kind of like a corn dog.

Finally, I am so making some bacon infused vodka. I think that will make fantastic Bloody Marys when mixed with the Stoli pepper vodka.

In other meaty goodness, I am brining a beef for corned beef as I type. 1/2 gallon water, 1 & 1/2 cups salt, 1 tbsp. Penzey's Pickling Spice. Place in gallo ziploc bag with 5 pound boneless chuck roast. Place in fridge. Wait a week. Smoke to taste. I'll let you know next week how it is. It turned out well last time, so hopefully no issues this time around.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home