2008/11/11

VD 2008

The official proclamation from the folks in charge of my branch of service is here. I presume similar announcements are available for the other lesser services. One of these days I'll get around to a more thorough discussion of being a veteran. It wasn't going to be this year, for a variety of reasons. So instead, I will impart to you some wisdom I learned in the Army.
  • When traveling, anything important stays attached to your person no matter what anybody else says.
  • You can have too much ammunition if you have to carry it yourself. If you have a vehicle, though, there's really no upper limit.
  • You can push off a hangover almost indefinitely by continuing to drink. Unfortunately, once it does catch up to you, it'll be epic.
  • Most of the things in life which are truly important are conceptually very simple. Execution, however, is often a bitch.
  • Getting shot sucks.
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now. As always, buy a veteran a drink today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home