2004/09/16

"Mom! Kitty Is Being A Dildo!"

Sometimes, it's all just too comical to bear. Darth Apathy pointed me in the direction of Chris Matthews interviewing Kitty Kelley about her new book. I don't watch Chris Matthews because, frankly, I have better to ways to waste my time. I have an X-Box and can get approximately the same level of cogent analysis from playing it than I can get from watching MSNBC. Besides that, he's pretty much a partisan hack and a jackass to boot. However, he did neatly maneuver Ms. Kitty into admitting her book is complete crap. I have to give him credit for that.
MATTHEWS: Here‘s the problem. When you go to sources as a journalist, you‘ve had to do and it I‘ve had to do it. You go and get them to say something at a dinner or a lunch or a maybe over a few drinks, wherever. The minute you turn on the tape-recorder and you say I‘m going public with this with your name on it, they change the story. They don‘t quite have the excitement behind the way they deliver the story. It gets a little less juicy. There‘s something lost when you start to say to a person, I won‘t use your name.
KELLEY: No Chris. No, no. Time out.
MATTHEWS: Go for it. You‘ve got all the time you want.
KELLEY: That didn‘t happen with this, because it was no surprise that Kitty Kelley was doing this book. I didn‘t ambush anybody. Anybody that I approached knew that I was doing it for this book. So it wasn‘t a matter of seductive cocktail conversation and then going back to them. It wasn‘t that way at all.
MATTHEWS: It just stun me that the 700 page book can‘t have one on the record bit of testimony. On the record testimony. When of course, all the noise about this book will be caused by the words you use, and that nobody will stand by those words.

700 pages and no on the record testimony from primary sources? That's a pretty scathing indictment of the book. It's not like I was planning on reading it anyway, but that's just hilarious. If that's how the game is played, I'm gonna write a biography and just make shit up. Much easier than doing all that tedious research, y'know? It seems like that's what Kitty did.

Honestly, that's always been my problem with the coke allegations about Dubya. Cocaine just doesn't fall out of the sky into your nose. There is a chain of people that have to be involved for anybody to get coke, unless your last name is Escobar. Given the nature of the beast, some of them are low-lifes. They have nothing to lose. Why has no-one ever come forward on the record about this supposed cocaine use? If they won't go on record as saying it, they're not credible. Sorry, but that's life. You want me to believe you? Stand up in front of the world and say "Dubya snorted lines off the belly of a naked teenage prostitute and I watched him." Of course, it'll probably turn out that whoever says that can be proven to be in Nome, Alaska when Dubya was in Cozumel, but they'll start with a presumption of credibility. The "unnamed sources allege cocaine use" crap just doesn't fly with most people, unless they're already so partisan they'll believe anything bad about Dubya. Until you get an eyewitness that goes on the record, have a nice hot cup of STFU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home