2005/05/11

He Would Know

My least favorite former SecDef is out and about. I guess he’s well rested from his mea culpa tour, so it’s time for Robert McNamara to flap his gums again. Now he’s pertrouserating about US nuclear weapons policy:
At the risk of appearing simplistic and provocative, I would characterize current U.S. nuclear weapons policy as immoral, illegal, militarily unnecessary, and dreadfully dangerous. The risk of an accidental or inadvertent nuclear launch is unacceptably high.
I’m not going to fisk the whole piece. I don’t have time and frankly, he’s irrelevant. I just think it’s amusing in a horribly macabre way that Robert McNamara is calling any military policy “immoral, illegal, militarily unnecessary and dreadfully dangerous.” Well, Bobby, I guess you would fucking know, wouldn’t you? You gave the world a crash course in bloodletting while keeping your mouth shut about it the 60s. Boy, I bet the peaceniks love to trot out your tired old ass. “Look! He used to be SecDef and he thinks nukes are wrong!” Yeah, so what? This is still a guy that lacked any appreciable moral sense in the 60s. What, he suddenly discovered one now? Please.

I also like the whole BS about how the risk of an accidental or inadvertent nuke launch is unacceptably high. I guess that’s why in the 50 years since WWII ended with a bang, there hasn’t been an accidental launch.

Somebody tell this pathetic old jackass that he’s not improving his chances of getting a better afterlife by all this crap. He’s still got way too much blood on his hands to wash off.

H/t Reason Express.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home