2005/06/27

Fight Kelo

I've been reading a lot of the reaction to Kelo online. One of the oft-repeated suggestions is to fight it at the state and local level. I'm all for that, but I didn't quite know how. My position on eminent domain is so far off the charts that it doesn't even register. Any solution I would propose is probably counter-productive.

However, Virginia Postrel points out the text of what a city in Texas did to limit their eminent domain authority. I think it's a hell of a good first step, and something that you should consider trying to get passed in your community. The Castle Coalition has lots of good info as well.

Her post also points out the lack of a well-defined theory of when externalities justify government intervention. That's an interesting subject that I'm not sure is subject to a simple test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home