2006/07/21

Activision Can Suck It

So I went out and picked up Quake 4 in my continuing quest to demonstrate beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am old and feeble and lack the reflexes to finish just about any computer game produced these days. A short list of games that I have not managed to finish in the past few years looks something like this:

Return to Wolfenstein
BloodRayne
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Doom 3
Project Gotham Racing

I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can come up with right now. I’m pretty close to finishing Burnout 3 and I did finish Morrowind (but not the expansion packs). Part of it is the fact that I lack the time to focus obsessively on defeating a game like I did when I was younger. Part of it is simply that I am old and slow.

Anyhow, I picked up Quake 4 and went to download the patch. Activision or ID or somebody involved in the production chain outsourced the patch hosting to some other website. Because I’m not a premium member of this crappy website, I got to wait 9 minutes before I could download the patch. WTF is that all about? I buy the game, but you want me to pay somebody so I can download the patch in a timely fashion? I ain’t the dickhead that released a busted game that needs a patch, now am I? You already got my money, so screw me, I guess. Thanks, Activision! I’ll be sure to respond appropriately next time I’m asked about your fabulous organization!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home