2007/11/29

Debate Part Whatever

The Republican candidates had another debate last night. Being mildly ill with some form of cold, I didn't watch. Well, that and I don't care. Barring some catastrophic revelation, my primary candidate is picked already (Ron Paul, in case you cared). It does bring me to one question.

Who are these debates for, exactly? Especially this campaign season, the only people paying attention are the hardcore political junkies. Most of them that I know have already consulted their auguries and picked a candidate. Nobody else is watching. So what's the point? Is the performance last night going to change anyone's opinion about fitness for office? I think what I'm asking is whether or not these debates matter to the undecided voter. If not, why bother?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home