2007/11/22

History & Thanksgiving

So, in an odd confluence of events, it's both Thanksgiving and Whack-A-President Day. So, should we be giving thanks for dead presidents? I have no earthly idea since I started the morning with Maker's Mark in my coffee. There's nothing better than getting drunk by noon, I always say, albeit usually with speech slurred to the point of incomprehensibility.

Anyhow, an only moderately useless donk President got his ass whacked in Dallas 24 years ago. If you think you know who did it, you're probably wrong. I freely admit I don't know. I'm reasonably certain neither I nor J was involved, but after that, all bets are off.

It's also traditional for people to give thanks at this time of year. So, thanks for nothing, bitches! More seriously, I'm thankful for many things which are none of your business. Of the things that are your business, I'm thankful for friends, family, technology, whiskey, beer, and roast turkey. May your day be filled with good food and good company. If not, well, there's always the whiskey and beer. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home