2008/03/17

The Intersection of Sex and Shopping

I am approaching the official onset of middle age (40) fairly rapidly. In general, I figure I've got a handle on life and how to live it. I"m good on most of the questions of how to avoid the slings and arrows of daily misfortune. Where I don't have a clue, I have a wife with a completely different skill-set and my good buddy, the internets. I can usually get by without too much difficulty. Even having young miss N move into the house has not swayed me from this opinion. That was, until this Saturday. N has a couple of interviews for college scholarships coming up, and needed a suit and some shoes. I had a wee bit more disposable income this week, so me and my ladies went out clothes shopping.

OMFG, I had no idea. It is a truism that women control sex, but I had no concept of the fact that if the gentler half wanted to get fucked, all they have to do is go clothes shopping. For the amount of money I spent Saturday, I wouldn't have to buy clothes for about two years. I could chalk it up, in part, to where we finally purchased N's suits, but that would be mostly a lie. Due to the fact that N is a small person, we went to half the damn world trying to find suits that would fit. By about store number three, I had sticker shock so bad my brain went into functional overload. We had another 4 stores to go. The first store, I looked at some tags and asked J if they were kidding. By men's apparel standards, they were smoking crack when they put the price tags on. Apparently not in the women's world, since the prices were all in the same general range. Which, to reiterate, were absoludicrously high.

We finally ended up buying two suits for N at Brooks Brother's Women. Yes, they're a little pricey, but only a little. However, they had two advantages over everywhere else we went. Their size 0P came the closest to fitting, and they have tailors to do alterations to make them fit. Yes, N is so small a 0P has to be taken in to fit right. If anybody knows where to find clothes that small for actual grown ups, advice is always appreciated.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home