2004/09/28

Pointless Celebrity Aside

Yale University held a symposium on scary mutant Michael Jackson. While this does make me question the value of an Ivy League education, I've been doing that for years, so nothing new on the pointless waste of money front. How pretentious can you be about your school when blather about the Gloved One is an event? The event also provides further proof of Cecil Adams' assertion that no matter how bizarre or obscure a topic is, someone has made it their life's work. Obsessions can be useful to rest of us, if disconcerting at close range.

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention that in light of Mr. Jackson alleged activities with the chilluns, doesn't one of his earlier songs, PYT, take on a rather sinister overtone? Take the chorus, for instance:
I wanna love you (P.Y.T.)
Pretty young thing
You need some lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender lovin' care
And I'll take you there
I want to love you (P.Y.T.)
Pretty young thing
You need some lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender lovin' care
I'll take you there (Anywhere you wanna go)

This might make him appear even more creepy and demented than he already does, but I don't think that's possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home