2005/06/27

Fun Quotes

Randy Barnett has also remarked upon the line I noted from Kelo. He enabled comments to find other good judicial quotes. Given my particular interests, I tend to agree with Will Baude. He posted Judge Kozinski's statement about the 2nd Amendment. I've posted it before, but it bears repeating.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed--where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees-- however improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.
Once again, I find it disheartening that many of the quotes brought out that provide a postive view of individual liberty seem to come from the dissent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home