2004/09/03

Atkins' Side Effects

I don't have any problems with people who want to lose weight. Good on ya' and have a nice time with your bad self. I get perturbed when your weight loss problems start to interfere with my dining enjoyment. I also don't care what you're trying to do and what you can't eat. Don't tell me that you can't have a slice of bread because you're on Atkins. So what? Conversationally, it's like me telling you I don't eat babies because I'm not a cannibal. Who cares what you do or don't eat? Politely turn down what is not on your diet of the month and eat your protein. The Atkins people are annoyingly militant sometimes, and I really want this diet fad to go away.

Which is why I delight in stories like this one. Side effects? I'm shocked. Really, I am. Eat less and exercise more. If you're unwilling to do that, have a nice cup of STFU and don't complain when your brain falls out your ears from carbohydrate deficiency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home