2005/01/17

Licensing Fools

There are a few companies who seem willing to license their trademarks to damn near anyone as long as they get paid upfront. The unashamed leader among these companies is Harley-Davidson. You can furnish your house entirely in items that are officially licensed H-D product, as well as dress your entire family. Harley is, at this stage, a marketing company that happens to sell motorcycles. It's one of the many reasons I don't buy into the whole Harley mystique.

Another company that has very few compunctions about licensing, as long as the cash is correct, is Lucasfilms. For evidence, I present to you: Darth Tater. Of course, I think this is pretty damn funny and admire the psycho at Hasbro that came up with the idea. I want one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

That is pretty damned funny. I want one. Is that wrong?

10:35 AM  
Blogger T said...

Of course not! Anyone that can't see the funny in Darth Tater probably needs a sense of humor, anyway. I'm not entirely sure what I would do with one, but why not? I'll probably put him on the shelf with the tattooed Barbies.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home